An attorney says Los Angeles County’s transit agency has paid $3.5 million to a California woman whose foot was crushed by a bus.
Jenny Lopez sued the Metropolitan Transportation Authority after she stepped into a crosswalk in 2010 and a bus making a turn ran over her foot, tearing off the skin and breaking some bones. Her daughter, who was 9 at the time, received minor injuries.
Lopez sued the transit agency for negligence, contending the driver failed to stop completely before making the turn.
Her attorney, Dan Callahan, says the MTA sent the money last week to settle the case. Callahan says he sent a dismissal filing to the court electronically on Monday.
A call to the MTA seeking comment wasn’t immediately returned.
Topics Lawsuits
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Portugal Deadly Floods Force Evacuations, Collapse Main Highway
US Appeals Court Rejects Challenge to Trump’s Efforts to Ban DEI
Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles
AIG Underwriting Income Up 48% in Q4 on North America Commercial 

