Hester, Heitel & Associates, an independent insurance agency in Phoenix, has been chosen as the spotlight agency to represent Project CAP’s Agency 2020 program. Agency 2020 was designed to provide independent agencies with resources to help them implement a long-term agency strategy.
“The new Agency 2020 initiative aims to show all Big ‘I’ member agencies the vision and tools to build and grow their agencies for long-term success,” explained Charles “Chip” Bacciocco, CEO of Consumer Agent Portal, LLC, known as Project CAP, the organization developing the independent agent’s consumer portal for multi-carrier quoting of personal lines insurance.
Through early 2014, industry service and product providers will work with Hester, Heitel to explore pathways to future growth, creating model processes for much of the independent agency channel.
Operated by its founding family’s second generation, Hester, Heitel is a 23-person agency with 55 percent of its business in commercial lines, 30 percent personal lines and 15 percent life/health and employee benefits coverage.
More than 100 independent agencies submitted nominations to be considered for services awarded through the Agency 2020 program. Project CAP and its partner sponsors will award additional services to several agencies as the program progresses.
Providers of Agency 2020 products and services:
- Reagan Consulting: Agency valuation and appraisal.
- InVEST: Guidance on establishing school programs, and teaching materials and tools.
- Caliper Corporation: Testing and skill evaluation for employees and prospective employees, including agents and sales consultants.
- Big “I” Young Agents Committee: Complimentary registration for Leadership Institute.
- TrustedChoice: Co-branding review and update.
- Oak & Associates: Business planning including producer compensation model and sales and marketing plan.
- Project CAP: Marketing program.
- WAHVE: Consulting on optimal staffing for the future and waiver of set-up fee for employee hire process.
- MarshBerry: Perpetuation planning strategy session and comprehensive plan.
- InsurBanc: Cash management assessment and financing consultation.
- Aartrijk: Brand image assessment.
Project CAP will update all independent agencies about Hester, Heitel’s Agency 2020 experience via Independent Agent magazine and ProjectCAPMarketing.com, providing information on why and how the various service components could be integrated in many agencies to support business goals.
Project CAP was created through an alliance of the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA), Trusted Choice, state associations and key insurance carriers as an industry initiative to help recapture and expand the independent agent’s share of the personal lines insurance market. Project CAP received operating investment from IIABA and six key carriers, including The Central Insurance Cos., Safeco Insurance, State Auto Insurance Cos., Selective Insurance, The Main Street America Group and Westfield Insurance. Project CAP is a trademark of Consumer Agent Portal, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company formed in 2011.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.