A federal court jury has awarded $28.2 million to a woman who said she suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Casper, Wyo. apartment.
The Casper Star-Tribune reported a jury ruled for Amber Lompe on Dec. 20 in Cheyenne federal court.
Lompe sued Sunridge Partners LLC of Newport Beach, Calif., and Apartment Management Consultants LLC of Salt Lake City over the February 2011 incident. Her lawsuit said a furnace malfunctioned.
Lompe told the newspaper she suffered permanent brain damage that affects her memory and concentration.
One of her attorneys says the award includes $25.5 million in punitive damages and $2.7 million in compensatory damages.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.