Investigators say smoke inhalation killed all 36 victims of a fire at a party at an Oakland warehouse.
The Alameda County coroner confirmed the causes of death Friday for the Dec. 2 fire at the warehouse and artists’ colony known as the Ghost Ship.
Autopsies were performed in December, and the cause of death has been known for weeks, but came to light Friday when the San Francisco Chronicle called the coroner to check on the status of the investigation.
The blaze broke out during a dance party and quickly ripped through the cluttered warehouse. Oakland fire officials have yet to announce the cause of the blaze.
- Officials Visited California Warehouse Before Deadly Fire, Records Show
- Death Toll from Fire in Oakland Artist Loft Reaches 33
- Young Victim’s Family Brings First Suit in Deadly California Fire
- Some Saw Warning Signs Before Oakland Loft Fire
- Colleagues of Oakland Artists’ Colony Founder Paint Caustic Portrait
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.