Washington Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler disciplined and issued fines in July totaling $724,000 against insurance companies, agents and brokers and others who violated state insurance regulations.
Following are the names and fines provided by Kreidler’s office:
Molina Healthcare of Washington Inc., Seattle; fined $600,000
The health insurance company committed a number of violations involving provider networks, claims handling, consumer appeals and responding to Kreidler’s office. Kreidler suspended $200,000 of the fine as long as the company completes a compliance plan to correct the violations.
Preferred Contractors Insurance Risk Retention Group LLC, Billings, Mont.; fined $35,000
The company accepted policy applications from an unlicensed producer and an unlicensed entity.
State Farm Fire & Casualty Co., Bloomington, Ill.; fined $20,000
The company failed to attach a required endorsement to its commercial farm and ranch policies.
National Casualty Co., Columbus, Ohio; fined $20,000
The company failed to use its correct legal name on more than half of its forms. Kreidler suspended $10,000 of the fine as long as the company reports that it has corrected all of its forms.
Employers Mutual Casualty Co., Des Moines, Iowa; fined $4,000
The company failed to properly appoint producers and agencies and allowed unlicensed producers to process insurance transactions.
The following insurance producers and other organizations were disciplined for violating state laws and rules:
Agents and brokers
- Golden Memorial Insurance Services Inc., Hollister, Calif.; fined $20,000
- Paul Koethke, Moses Lake, Wash.; fined $1,000
- Ray Barragan and JR Barragan Inc., Chowchilla, Calif.; fined $500
- Tayoun Hawkins, Temple Terrace, Fla.; fined $250
- Insgroup, Inc., Houston; fined $250
- Denzel Eley Williams, Blue Bell, Pa.; fined $250
- Terry Ann Dawkins, Norristown, Pa.; fined $250
- Teresa Sophia Zabierowski, Philadelphia; fined $250
- Chung Min Han, Lynnwood, Wash; fined $250
- Crystal Weldon, Lake Stevens, Wash.; fined $250
- Matthew Engelbrecht, Olympia, Wash.; license revoked
- Green Light Insurance LLC, Puyallup, Wash.; license revoked
- Chelsea Moriarty, Murfreesboro, Tenn.; license revoked
- Ann J. Hoeke, Oakely, Calif.; license revoked
- John Meyer, Napa, Calif.; license revoked
- Regina Hall, Philadelphia; license revoked
- Alexandra Harper, Roseville, Calif.; license revoked
- Stacey Rauenhorst, Lincoln, Neb.; license revoked
- Heather Lee, Kannapolis, N.C.; relinquished license
- Jeff Graham, Puyallup, Wash.; revocation rescinded and will not renew license for five years
- Buddy’s Home Furnishings, Orlando; ordered to cease and desist and fined $10,000,
- E-Risk Services LLC and Michael Bigger, Flanders, N.J.; ordered to cease and desist and fined $10,000
- Pacific Alliance Title Co., Yakima, Wash.; fined $250
- Olympic Peninsula Title Co., Port Angeles, Wash.; fined $250
- Guardian Northwest Title & Escrow Co., Mount Vernon, Wash.; fined $250
- Emerald Coast Title LLC, Seaview, Wash.; fined $250
- Clallam Title Co., Port Angeles, Wash.; fined $250,
- First Nationwide Title Agency LLC, Uniondale, N.Y.; fined $250
- Synergy Solutions and Brian Geary, Phoenix; ordered to cease and desist from acting as an adjuster
- Oregon RIMS Chapter #37521, Portland, Ore.; fined $250
- Since 2001, Kreidler has assessed more than $28 million in fines, which are deposited in the state’s general fund to pay for state services.
- Washington Commissioner Fines Pet Insurer $25K
- Washington Insurance Commissioner Issued $80K in Fines in February
- Washington Commissioner Disciplines, Fines Numerous Insurance Professionals
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.