Register today for the Reinsurance Association of America’s reinsurance basics course, Demystifying Reinsurance: A Basics of Property/Casualty Reinsurance Course, May 12-14, 2008, at the Drake Hotel in Chicago.
Taught by highly regarded industry professionals, Re Basics, is the perfect primer to understanding the purpose and structure of property and casualty reinsurance, with a basic introduction to life reinsurance. The program targets junior and mid-level buyers and sellers of property and casualty reinsurance, attorneys, financial and claims professionals, and regulators.
Specifically, attendees will learn:
• The similarities and differences between insurance and reinsurance.
• The purpose of reinsurance.
• How to analyze reinsurance programs.
• How to structure reinsurance programs.
• The types of reinsurance contracts.
• How to market reinsurance.
• About the marketplace and market trends.
• What constitutes “risk transfer.”
• How to read and understand Annual Statement schedules.
• The difference between SAP and GAAP accounting.
• About the regulatory environment.
Re Basics, and all other RAA education programs, qualifies for continuing education credits for attorneys, financial professionals, and CPCUs.
To learn more about Re Basics and to register, go to http://www.reinsurance.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=3294 or contact Ann-Marie Mwombela at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Join us in Chicago for this exceptional educational opportunity!
REINSURANCE ASSOCIATION OF AMERICA
1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20004
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.