BIG Independent Group Awards Accolades at Annual Southern California Event
Riverside, CA- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, May 10, 2016- The BIG Independent Group, an association of independent insurance agents and brokers, announced the winners of its “BIGGIE Awards” at the group’s annual convention in Riverside. The awards ceremony took place on May 7th, prior to the BIG 80’s Party on Saturday night.
“These awards reflect a level of admiration the insurance community has for each winner. We surveyed 4,417 insurance professionals in California, 2,960 of whom are independent agency owners, to determine our honorees,” explained BIG CEO Jon Spaugy. “The BIGGIE Awards presentations are a tradition at our convention and something we all look forward to every year.”
The BIGGIE Award winners for 2016 are:
- Standard Carrier Representative of the Year – Missy Alizadeh
- Standard Agency of the Year – Hotwire Insurance
- Standard Carrier of the year – Kemper Specialty California
- Preferred Carrier Representative of the Year – Nancy Trejo
- Preferred Agency of the Year – AA Lares Insurance Services
- Preferred Carrier of the Year – Safeco Insurance
- Community Advocate of the Year – Progressive Insurance
- MGA of the Year – Builders & Tradesmen’s Insurance Services
- Vendor of the year – Vertafore
- Hall of Fame Award – Brian F. Weaver
- MVP – Mary Nell Pattridge
- Technology Company of The Year – Progressive Insurance
“It was great to receive recognition for what we do from people we work with all the time,” said two-time BIGGIE Award winner Sumy Bilal, owner of Hot Wire Insurance. “Receiving another BIGGIE award is affirmation that a small agency can make a big impact.”
“BIG feels it is important to recognize the contributions made by insurance professionals statewide, whether that means representatives from companies, vendors, agencies, or any other part of our extended insurance family,” said Spaugy. “The common ground all these winners share is their work for the betterment of the insurance industry in our great state of California. That’s the spirit BIG wants to recognize.”
About BIG Independent Group:BIG’s mission is to offer industry related education, create networking opportunities, and to act as a national voice for independent insurance agents and brokers as well as all participants within the insurance industry. The association wishes to create an environment around sharing information, discovering new ideas for streamlining current processes, increasing productivity through new technology, understanding new legislation, and benefiting from experiences as an industry rather than an individual. Its goal is to be an organization that will aid in the prosperity and development of the profession as well as unite the insurance industry and the community as a whole.
BIG Independent Group
9267 Haven Avenue Suite 180
Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730
Phone- 909 460 8282
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.