The long- and short-term ratings, including the “AA-” counterparty credit rating and insurer FSR, on the core operating entities of the Royal & Sun Alliance Group PLC were affirmed by S&P. The rating action came after a Jan. 18 announcement of increased storm losses and reflects the group’s excellent global market position in general insurance and robust capitalization. The outlook is negative.
Sign up to receive insurance news alerts!
- Zurich Insurance Lowers Profit Target; Signals Business Sale
- Obamacare’s Small Business Exchange Site Delayed 1 Year
- Illinois Roofing Company Fined $158K for Safety Hazards
- Bear Bryant's Son’s Reinsurance Fortune Helps Power Alabama Football
- Homebuilder Lennar Says Florida Jury Awards It $1 Billion Against Developer
- Healthcare.gov Attracts 800,000 Visitors As Operation Improves
- Sea-Level Rise Too Fast for Current Forecast Tools, Study Says
- Flood of Regulations Coming from Obama Administration
- Lawsuits Challenging Obamacare Cite Religion, Tax Issues
- Florida Congressman Proposes Disaster Savings Accounts
Editors and Contributors
Quote of Note
Few issues are more important than the extent to which the government must recognize and accommodate the religious exercise of those it regulates.More Quotes
Hobby Lobby Stores Inc. in its challenge to the Obamacare birth control benefit mandate that will be heard by the U.S. Supreme Court.