ACE USA, the U.S.-based retail operations of the ACE Group, has introduced an enhanced public/educational entity pollution liability insurance (Public Entity PPL) policy, designed to address the environmental risks faced by public entities. This policy offers coverage on an admitted basis in 36 states.
The Public Entity PPL policy addresses the pollution exposures of public schools; utilities and power co-ops; cities and counties; special districts; and parks and recreational facilities. It combines a focused approach with a standard premises pollution product, providing a single policy to cover environmental-related public entity exposures.
Features of ACE Environmental Risk’s Public Entity PPL Policy include:
- Claims-made and reported Public Entity PPL coverage form
- Admitted in 36 states as of May 2012
- Provides financial assurance for underground and aboveground storage tanks
- Definition of pollution condition that includes medical, infectious, and pathological wastes
- Includes coverage for the transportation and disposal of wastes
- Available coverage for illicit abandonment of wastes, fungi and legionella, and first-party business interruption
- Offers contractor pollution liability (CPL) coverage for maintenance activities, including the application of pesticides and herbicides
- Underwriting staff with strong expertise in providing environmental risk solutions
- Dedicated environmental claims specialists
Insurance is provided by ACE American Insurance Co., Philadelphia, Pa., and, in some jurisdictions, other insurers within the ACE Group. Product descriptions are summaries only. The actual policy issued governs the rights and obligations of the parties. Not all products are available in all states.