The Texas Windstorm Insurance Association (TWIA) announced it is now offering its Texas Windstorm Insurance Association Underwriting Basics Workshop online.
This course, which is open to insurance agency personnel, has been approved by the Texas Department of Insurance for four hours of general continuing education credit.
- Course Cost – $55.00
- 4 hours continuing education credit
- Online class (Not a webinar).
- Online provider – 2021 Training
For more information and for registration, a link is being provided on the TWIA website.
This online course will provide a year round opportunity for agency staff to earn 4 hours credit while at the same time learning the rules and procedures of TWIA. Topics of the course will include:
Coverages per the TWIA policy jackets
- Automatic adjusted building cost endorsement (Form 220)
- Replacement cost coverage and insurance to value
- Increased Cost in construction coverage
- Marshall & Swift/Boeckh replacement cost estimator
- 90 day minimum premium
- Hurricane binding procedure
- Property inspection program
- House Bill 3 and Senate Bill 1702 changes
- WPI-8 certificates
- Billing and commission
- Premium financing