It was another year of lawsuits and settlements for the insurance industry to pay and learn from. In 2015, some of the top headline makers in the Southeast included a huge uninsured motorist payout for GEICO, a $36 million dog bite award, and a suit of misrepresentation against a Georgia sperm bank.
Here is the complete list of the top 10 lawsuit stories in the Southeast for 2015:
- Florida Couple Awarded $14.5M in Geico Uninsured Motorist Lawsuit
- TV Host Erin Andrews Files $75M Suit in Nashville in Peeping Case
- Family of Georgia Girl Attacked by Dog Awarded $36 Million
- Underwriters Sue Over Greenbrier Classic’s HoleinOne Jackpot in W.Va.
- Parents Sue Georgia Sperm Bank, Claiming It Misrepresented Donor
- West Virginia Supreme Court Rules Addicts Can Sue Pharmacies, Doctors
- Florida Man Sues Hospital after Amputated Leg Found in Trash
- North Carolina to Pay $425,000 to Family of Man Mistakenly Declared Dead
- Family of Man Who Died During Sleep Test at Atlanta Clinic Awarded $20.5M
- Family Sues Over West Virginia School’s Use of Walking as Discipline