* This list represents only a random sample of marketing resources available for agents and brokers. It is by no means all inclusive. To view an expanded version of this list online, please visit our Sales Tools section.
• About.com Inc. (www.insuranceabout. com/msubmarketing.htm) – Compilation of websites to help insurance agencies answer marketing program questions.
• Enhanced Web Services (www.getenhanced.com) – Offers website design and enhancement services. Aims to assist independent insurance agents and brokers in establishing an Internet presence and using that presence to go beyond traditional marketing, sales, customer service and public relations methods.
• InsightExpress Web-fast Market Research (www.insightexpress.com) – A provider of fully automated market research. Users get an opportunity to test ideas, get information to understand a target market, and quickly build and get results from a survey.
• Insurance Marketing & Management Services (IMMS) (www.imms.com) – Headquartered in Los Angeles, it provides marketing and management information to its insurance professional members. Includes P&C Plus, a marketing, management and business information resource for agents, brokers and insurers.
• Insurance Marketing Resource Center (www.insuranceprofitsystems.com/, www.insurancemarketingtips.com) – Recently launched by Insurance Profit Systems, the site offers insurance tips, including HIGH IMPACT MARKETING™ secrets for insurance agents. Includes a free insurance marketing newsletter. Free weekly “mini marketing consultation” can be delivered to subscribing agents via e-mail. Free marketing teleconference available to readers of “tip of the week.”
• Leads 4 Insurance (www.leads4insurance.com) – Insurance marketing tips for generating leads and sales. Ideas for marketing insurance and insurance prospecting, offers to insurance marketing newsletter.
• NF Communications (www.market-tools.net/) – Marketing systems for stockbrokers, financial planners, insurance agents, investment advisors and CPAs. Features include free reports, seminars and newsletter.
• PFI Marketing (www.pfideas.com) – A specialty marketing firm whose primary goal is to assist insurance marketers and agents in becoming successful in a technology-driven sales environment. Provides website design and hosting, Internet consultation, and faxable databases to buy.
ASSOCIATIONS / COURSES
• American Worksite Marketing Group (AWMG) (www.awmg.net) – An organization designed to provide solutions to trends in marketing insurance products. AWMG serves as a national resource center for insurance marketers, providing a full array of products and services in all 50 states.
• eMind.com – The e-learning provider eMind.com provides online learning solutions. In addition to insurance CE and professional development course offerings, eMind.com provides a range of personal development topics, including numerous marketing courses.
• Independent Insurance Agents of America (www.iiaa.org) – IIAA’s Virtual University Research Library includes a Business Information division with a section on marketing. It contains assembled articles and links to information to help improve marketing effectiveness. Also available for a fee to IIAA members is the LUTC Virtual Marketing Department, a tool for independent agencies and agents.
• Insurance Marketing Communi-cations Association (www.connectyou .com/ins/imca.htm) – A professional association of property and casualty insurance company advertising specialists, public relations personnel, marketing communications staff, marketing and sales promotions specialists and marketing research professionals. Provides members with a forum for enhancing their marketing knowledge as well as communications techniques and strategies.
• Professional Insurance Marketing Association (www.pima-assn.org/) – A national membership association comprised of third-party administrators, insurance carriers and allied business partners involved in the direct marketing of insurance products. Provides educational conferences, legislative updates, networking opportunities, publications and manuals.
• “Superstars of Insurance Sales” by Judith Habert. Research & Education Association.
• “151 Secrets of Insurance Direct Marketing Practices Revealed” by Donald R. Jackson. Nopoly Press.
• “The World’s Best Known Marketing Secret” by Dr. Ivan Misner (Founder & CEO of Business Network International). Bard Press.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.