The Professional Insurance Agents of New York State Inc. elected new officers and board directors for the 2012-2013 administrative year at its annual business meeting on Sept. 9.
• Michael Skeele of DeRuyter, N.Y., was elected president. He is president of Skeele Agency in DeRuyter. Skeele Agency Inc. also has offices in Manlius, Cazenovia, Chittenango and New Hartford, N.Y.
Active in PIANY, Skeele served as president-elect in 2011-12 and vice president of the government affairs and nominations committees. He is a member of the New York/New Jersey joint annual conference and the executive/budget and finance committees. Skeele also was a trustee for the Village of DeRuyter for 28 years and was a director on the board of DeRuyter Farm and Garden Cooperative. He also recently served as president of the Greater Manlius Chamber of Commerce.
• Alan Plafker, of Manhasset, N.Y., was elected president-elect. He is president and CEO of Member Brokerage Service LLC, in Briarwood, N.Y.
• Tony Kubera, of Buffalo, N.Y. was elected first vice president. He is director of business development for Russell Bond & Co. Inc. in Buffalo, N.Y.
• Eugene Sandy, of Stony Brook, N.Y., was re-elected vice president. He is director of marketing for the Millennium Alliance Group LLC in Syosset, N.Y.
• John Parsons II, of Skaneateles, N.Y. was re-elected vice president. He is executive vice president of Parsons and Associates Inc. in Syracuse, N.Y.
• Michael P. Cracco of Massapequa, N.Y. was elected treasurer. Cracco is president and owner of Completely Covered Insurance Agency Inc., in Massapequa.
• Amy Bryan, of Cornwall, N.Y. was elected secretary. She is owner of Bryan Insurance Agency in New Windsor, N.Y.
• Rich Savino, of Warwick, N.Y., will serve as immediate past president. He is partner, president and chief executive officer of Warwick Resource Group with locations in Warwick, N.Y., and Bergen counties.
Additionally, the Professional Insurance Agents of New York State Inc. elected seven New York insurance producers to serve on the board of directors. The following individuals were elected to serve for a three-year term, ending in 2015:
• Richard Andrews, of Freeville, N.Y. Andrews is owner of The Andrews Agency in Ithaca, N.Y.
• Michael Cracco of Massepequa, N.Y. Cracco is president and owner of Completely Covered Insurance Agency Inc., in Massapequa.
• Anthony Kammas of Brooklyn, N.Y. Kammas is president and owner of Skyline Risk Management, in Flushing, N.Y.
• Leslie Rogoff of New York. Rogoff is the marketing manager for Madison Avenue Brokerage Corp. in New York.
• Eugene Sandy of Stony Brook, N.Y. Sandy is the director of marketing for the Millennium Alliance Group LLC, in Syosset, N.Y.
• Frances Scott of Campbell Hall, N.Y. Scott is principal of the F.A. Scott Insurance Agency in Goshen, N.Y.
• Robert Shapiro of Bellmore, N.Y. Shapiro is president of Global Facilities Inc. in Lynbrook, N.Y. Shapiro was elected to serve for a two-year term, ending in 2014.
The Professional Insurance Agents of New York State Inc. is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies, brokerages and their employees throughout the state.
Also, New York Young Insurance Professionals elected its officers and directors. New York Young Insurance Professionals is an organization dedicated to the professional and personal growth of newcomers to the insurance industry and an affiliate of Professional Insurance Agents of New York State.
• Gino Orrino, principal of Orrino Capital Services in Corona, N.Y., was elected president.
• Jennifer DeCristofaro, division manager of D.C. White Agency, in Long Beach, N.Y., was elected president-elect.
• Dina Bruno, of MetLife Auto & Home in Wantagh, N.Y., was elected vice president.
• Jason Bartow of Eugene A. Bartow Insurance Agency in Deer Park, N.Y., was elected treasurer.
• Adam Rostkowski, of ProActive Brokerage in West Babylon, N.Y., was elected secretary.
• Michael Plafker, commercial lines customer service representative for Member Brokerage Service LLC in Briarwood, N.Y., will serve as immediate past president.
• In addition to the above, New York Young Insurance Professionals also elected to its board of directors: Carl Abramson of Associated Mutual Insurance Cooperative in Woodridge, N.Y.; Christina Caputo of Beazley Group in Manhattan; Sean Metzger of North Sea Insurance in Long Beach, N.Y.; Jim Smith of All Island Credit Corp. in Plainview, N.Y.; and Neil Young of Russell Bond Insurance Wholesalers in Buffalo, N.Y.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.