The Professional Insurance Agents of Connecticut Inc. (PIACT) elected officers during the association’s annual convention, held on March 12 at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn. Following are the new officers who will lead PIACT in 2015-16:
• President: Teri Walsh of Fairfield, Conn. Walsh is president of Sachs Walsh Insurance in Westport, Conn.
• President-elect: Loretta Lesko of Shelton, Conn. Lesko is vice president of operations for the DiMatteo Group in Shelton.
• Vice president: Marissa Barbera of Westport, Conn. Barbera is president of Charter Oak Agency in Darien, Conn.
• Vice President: Mary Kay Andrews of Prospect, Conn. Andrews is vice president of operations for Ion Insurance Corp. in Naugatuck, Conn.
• Treasurer: Kenneth Distel of Avon, Conn. Distel is vice president of The Distel Group in Farmington, Conn.
• Secretary: Nathan Shippee of Bolton, Conn. Shippee is vice president of sales & marketing for Workers’ Compensation Trust in Wallingford, Conn.
• Peter Frascarelli of Cheshire, Conn. will serve as immediate past president. Frascarelli is chief operating officer for the Peter M. Bakker Agency Inc., in Avon, Conn.
In addition, eight Connecticut independent insurance agents were elected to serve on the PIACT’s board of directors. The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term:
• J. Kyle Dougherty of Orange, Conn. Dougherty is president of Dougherty Insurance Agency Inc. in Stratford, Conn. Dougherty serves as education chairperson of PIACT’s Association Programs Committee. He also is a member of the Glenmont National Alliance Committee.
• David Margolis of Hamden, Conn. Margolis is president of Greenberg, Rhein & Margolis Inc. in Woodbridge, Conn. Margolis serves on the PIACT Association Programs Committee.
• Rob Milford of Waterbury, Conn. Milford is president of Sundel & Milford in Waterbury. Active in PIACT, Milford serves on the Association Programs Committee.
• Gary O’Brien of Watertown, Conn. O’Brien is account executive for Ion Insurance Corp. in Naugatuck, Conn. O’Brien is a member of the PIACT Association Programs Committee.
• Bud O’Neil of Bristol, Conn. O’Neil is a producer for C.V. Mason & Co. Inc. in Bristol. O’Neil serves as Membership/Consumer Relations chairperson of the Association Programs Committee. He also is a member of the PIACT Young Insurance Professionals, an organization dedicated to the professional and personal growth of newcomers to the insurance industry.
• Brian Schmitt of Shelton, Conn. Schmitt is president of Curtiss, Crandon & Moffette Inc. in Trumbull, Conn. Schmitt is a member of the PIACT Association Programs Committee.
• Nathan Shippee of Bolton, Conn. Shippee is vice president of sales and marketing Workers’ Compensation Trust in Wallingford, Conn. Shippee will serve as PIACT’s secretary for 2015-16. He also serves as legislative vice chair of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee. He also is PIACT’s representative for the Connecticut Fair Plan.
• Teri Walsh of Fairfield, Conn. Walsh is president of Sachs Walsh Insurance in Westport, Conn. Walsh will serve as president in 2015-16. She served as president-elect in 2014-15; vice president in 2013-14 and treasurer in 2012-13. She currently serves as vice president of the Administrative/Nominations Committee, and is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance Committee.
PIACT is a trade association representing professional, independent insurance agencies and their employees throughout the state.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.