Connecticut’s health insurance marketplace is helping up to 18,000 people who no longer qualify for Medicaid health coverage to enroll in private insurance plans.
Access Health CT says it will begin reaching out on June 2 to help enrollees find and enroll in new plans before the July 31 deadline.
Legislation passed last year reduced the income limits for parents and caretaker relatives of children enrolled in the state’s HUSKY health insurance program. Eligibility for the HUSKY A program dropped from 201 percent of the federal poverty level to 155 percent. The change is expected to save the state $87 million.
The 18,000 affected enrollees must move to a plan offered through Access Health CT or apply for coverage through a different Medicaid plan.
Topics Connecticut
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup
CFC Owners Said to Tap Banks for Sale, IPO of £5 Billion Insurer
Judge Awards Applied Systems Preliminary Injunction Against Comulate
Insurify Starts App With ChatGPT to Allow Consumers to Shop for Insurance 

