On July 3, Richard Ward, chief executive officer of Lloyd’s, announced his intention to resign at the end this year.
“This has not been an easy decision to make but, as Lloyd’s longest-serving CEO, I believe it is now right to hand over the reins to someone else to take Lloyd’s into its next chapter,” Ward said, according to a media statement, which did not given any other reason for the decision.
Ward joined Lloyd’s as CEO in April 2006.
Previously he worked as both CEO and vice chairman at the International Petroleum Exchange (IPE), re-branded ICE Futures. Prior to this, he held a range of senior positions at BP, after pursuing a scientific career with the Science & Engineering Research Council (SERC).
Lloyd’s Chairman John Nelson, paying tribute to Ward on behalf of the Council of Lloyd’s and the market, noted that the CEO gave “truly outstanding service” over such a long period of time.
Nelson said the early announcement will allow Lloyd’s to select a successor in a timely manner.
The Council of Lloyd’s and Franchise Board will now conduct a process with a view to the appointment of a successor before the end of the year, Lloyd’s said.
Source: Lloyd’s
Topics Excess Surplus Lloyd's
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Homeowners Insurance Market Reaches ‘Fragmented Phase,’ Says S&P GMI
Rhine River Shipping Stalls as Water Level Hits Record Low
AI’s Volatile Power Demand Is Damaging Its Own Data Centers
Seven People Charged in $100M Workers’ Compensation Fraud Operation in Florida 

