On the heels of its recent successful crowdfunding raise, the app-based insurtech managing general agent Wrisk has made another major step forward, receiving full authorization from the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
At the same time being formally admitted into the third cohort of the FCA’s regulatory sandbox, a program that “allows businesses to test innovative products, services, business models and delivery mechanisms in the real market, with real consumers.”
Wrisk, which will market its insurance solutions based upon allowing users the ability to create a credit score-style “personal risk score,” is set to launch with contents insurance, followed by motor later in the year.
The firm has a capacity deal via its partnership with Digital Partners, Munich Re.
Commenting on the authorization process, Caroline Garrow, Wrisk’s head of Insurance Operations, was keen to praise the FCA’s approach: “Throughout the process there has been a clear willingness on their part to engage with us, with it always feeling collaborative and supportive. We would therefore like to take this opportunity to thank the FCA for their speed and efficiency.”
The Wrisk app is set to launch in Q1 2018.
Wrisk will work closely with its insurance partners which so far include:
- Munich Re group, specifically via its subsidiary Great Lakes Insurance, will provide the capacity for buildings and contents, motor and travel lines across UK, EU and the U.S. Munich Re’s activity in new digital initiatives is coordinated by its dedicated unit Munich Re Digital Partners (MRDP)
- Hiscox will provide capacity across UK, EU and the U.S. for specialist products relating to a customer’s commercial activities. These products may include professional indemnity, D&O, cyber, etc.
- QIC will provide capacity for products for a number of countries in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
- Insurtech Startups Take Note: Traditional Insurers Score Highest Ever Satisfaction Grades
- Reinsurers Seek Higher Returns Through Customized Business
- Take This Lemonade and Startups: Insurers Garner Record High Satisfaction Grades
- FinTech Startup, ‘Number26,’ Grows in Europe, Offering Banking, Insurance
- Insurtech Startups Attract Growing List of Traditional Insurer Partners
- Insurtech Startup Trov Launches in UK, Offering On-Demand Coverage
- Munich Re Partners with InsurTech Start-Up Wrisk
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.