Miller Insurance Services LLP announced that it has boosted its partnership with five internal appointments. With effect from Jan. 1, 2019, James Hands, Charles Lane, Phil Wheeler, Martin Henderson and Ben Speers will be appointed as equity holding partners.
Concurrently Julian Taylor, Brian Rivett, Xavier Villers and Andrew Miller are set to retire at the end of 2018, or early 2019.
Details of the five new partners are:
- James Hands. Hands is head of Miller’s Accident & Health department. As part of this role, he oversees the strategic development of the sport and entertainment business. He joined from Aon in 2015 where he was managing director of Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and has extensive experience in developing and managing insurance programs in this niche sector. Hands has over 18 years’ insurance industry experience.
- Charles Lane. Lane leads Miller’s liability wholesale offering to clients, working with property and casualty specialists to expand Miler’s capabilities internationally. He joined Miller in 2014 and has over 30 years’ experience in the insurance industry.
- Phil Wheeler. Wheeler leads Miller’s marine liability reinsurance team. He brings technical expertise in developing innovative reinsurance solutions for P&I Clubs, both collectively through the International Group, and individual club business. He joined Miller in 2012, initially responsible for developing our in-house actuarial team, which focuses on developing innovative risk transfer solutions. A particular attention was on developing actuarial focused negotiation strategies for use with underwriters.
- Martin Henderson. Henderson heads the marine, energy and transportation liability (METL) team within Miller, focusing on the production and placement of liability business at a primary and excess level for a diverse range of energy, marine, construction and transportation clients. He joined Miller in 2003 having graduated from the University of Oxford.
- Ben Speers. In the role of Chief Operating Officer, Speers is primarily responsible for leading the Management Services unit, which delivers all operational services to the business. In 2011, Speers joined Miller as head of Legal and he remains a qualified solicitor in both Australia and the UK. He has been in the insurance industry for 20 years, having worked in Australia and the UK, primarily for Lloyd’s brokers and a major EU insurer. Speers became COO of Miller in 2016 and is a member of Miller’s Group Executive Committee.
“I am delighted to announce the appointment of these talented leaders to partners as their skills and professionalism are key to our continued success,” said Greg Collins, CEO of London-based Miller.
“We place great importance around succession planning at Miller in order to continue delivering to the high standards expected from us. At the end of this year and early next year, a number of senior individuals will be retiring and appointments such as these ensure there will be no impact on the service we offer to our valued clients,” he continued.
“On behalf of the board, I want to thank Julian, Brian, Xavier and Andrew for their valued contributions to Miller and wish them well in their future endeavors”.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.