Cathay Pacific is collaborating with AXA General Insurance Hong Kong Ltd. to provide free COVID-19 coverage to all passengers.
Customers who fly with Cathay Pacific from Dec. 7 to Feb. 28, 2021 will be covered for medical expenses related to a COVID-19 diagnosis incurred while overseas. The free cover will be automatically applied when customers book their flights.
Customers are covered for a period of 30 days starting from the date of their departure, or until they return to their home, whichever is earliest.
- Medical and hospitalization. Customers’ COVID-19 PCR tests and hospitalization will be covered, if it becomes necessary. Coverage for medical expenses related to COVID-19 extends to up to US$200,000.
- Quarantine costs. Customers will receive an allowance of US$100 per day per passenger for up to 14 days due to COVID-19 to help them during periods of unforeseen and mandatory quarantine.
- Evacuation and repatriation. Cathay Pacific will ensure that affected customers, as well as their travel companions and any children they may be travelling with, get home.
- 24/7 emergency hotline. Customers can call AXA’s 24/7 Emergency Assistance hotline on +852 2863 5785, or send a WhatsApp message to +852 2863 5784.
The airline has also introduced enhanced safety measures across every stage of the journey from check-in to the cabin. These measures include:
- Temperature checks
- Contactless check-in and boarding
- Antimicrobial coating on check-in counters, kiosks and other common areas
- Mandatory wearing of face coverings by passengers and crew throughout the flight
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitisation of all surfaces
- HEPA air filters that remove 99.999% of airborne contaminants
Photograph: Cathay Pacific Airways Airbus A330 airliner aircraft B-HLS preparing for takeoff from Melbourne International Airport on June 23, 2015.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.