Shelter Insurance, based in Columbia, Mo., and its subsidiaries AmShield Insurance, Haulers Insurance, and Say Insurance, is joining other insurers in offering assistance to auto insurance policyholders.
The company said it is issuing a payment to policyholders representing approximately 30% of their personal auto monthly premium for the months of April and May, based on its best estimate of the impact of this pandemic on customers and on Shelter’s business.
Shelter is working with insurance departments in each state it serves to get this money into customers’ hands as quickly as possible. If a customer paid their premium automatically through a bank account, Shelter will deposit directly into the account when possible. Otherwise, we it mail a check.
Shelter Insurance is reviewing the ongoing impact that COVID-19 will have on its business. The company said it was among the first to take a stance on lapsed and cancelled policies during this pandemic, and is providing relief to individuals who have lost their jobs or otherwise been negatively impacted by the crisis.
As of March 13, 2020, Shelter began encouraging employees who have the ability to work from home to do so. This means the home office and branch locations will be operating with significantly fewer employees on site.
In addition, the company has taken the following steps, among others, to protect employees, agents and customers:
- Non-essential business travel remains suspended. Employees are encouraged to use precaution for any personal travel as well.
- In-person meetings of five or more individuals are suspended; employees should use virtual meetings instead.
- Visits to Shelter Offices from outside vendors remain suspended.
- We will continue our enhanced cleaning and disinfectant applications of our worksites.
- Shelter is continuing to work toward accommodating employees to ensure their safety and wellbeing.
Shelter Insurance is a group of companies with four personal lines property/casualty companies, a reinsurance company, and a life insurance company. Shelter markets through Shelter Insurance, AmShield Insurance, Haulers Insurance, Say Insurance and offers auto, home, life, farm and business insurance services to customers in 21 states.
Source: Shelter Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.