The American Family Insurance group, based in Madison, Wisconsin, is giving its more than 13,500 employees nationwide a paid day off to vote.
The company said employees may choose to take Nov. 3 off to vote in person, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic, employees also have the flexibility to take their paid day anytime during their state’s early/absentee voting period through Nov. 3.
In addition to the paid time off for employees, American Family is supporting the civic process by again opening two facilities in Madison, Wisconsin, to be used as polling places.
The group’s operating companies include:
- American Family Insurance, based in Madison, Wisconsin, which offers multiline insurance products primarily through the company’s exclusive, independent contractor agents in 19 states.
- CONNECT, powered by American Family Insurance, a Green Bay, Wisconsin-based insurer which American Family Insurance group acquired last October and sells its products through partners.
- Homesite, a national direct property insurance company based in Boston.
- Main Street America Group, based in Jacksonville, Florida, which offers multiline insurance products through a national network of independent agents.
- The General, a national direct non-standard auto insurance provider based in Nashville, Tennessee.
Since the global coronavirus pandemic was declared in March, 95% of American Family employees have been able to work from home. This will continue until at least early 2021 as does the flexibility and support the company gives employees as they balance family, work and other obligations.
Source: American Family Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.