Hagerty, the nation’s largest collector car insurance agency, has a new program for collector car owners.
It will implement the first 24-hour, seven days a week flatbed towing service exclusively for collector cars, anywhere in the U.S. and Canada.
“We’ve found that our clients’ vehicles are far more likely to suffer an unexpected mechanical breakdown,” Hagerty president McKeel Hagerty said. “One of the worst things for an enthusiast is to watch his prized classic towed away on the end of a wrecker’s hook. As the insurer, we have a vested interest in the well-being of our clients’ cars and nothing offers the security and safety of a flatbed tow.”
Hagerty’s research, based upon its own statistics, indicates that collector car owners are six times more likely to suffer mechanical break downs, battery failures or flat tires and require vehicle towing, than they are to file an insurance claim for damage. The Roadside Assistance program includes services for a mechanical breakdown so a vehicle may drive to a service provider or for towing to a service provider to repair a mechanical problem.
The types of services available on Hagerty’s Roadside Assistance program include:
• Up to three (3) roadside service calls per year, up to $50.00 per incident*
• Roadside adjustments from a mobile mechanic to enable the vehicle to operate under its own power or be towed to the nearest qualified repair facility
• Battery jump starts or delivery of a new battery, if necessary
• Tire service to install an inflated spare or deliver a replacement tire
• Fuel delivery if the vehicle runs out of gas
• Lockout service, including assistance to replace lost keys
*Parts such as new batteries, tires, fuel, etc. and mechanical labor are additional
Membership in the program is available to all new customers written as of Aug. 28, 2002 and current Hagerty clients will have an opportunity to join the program at any time.
Information is available at www.hagerty.com.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.