The CPCU Society will conduct ten National Leadership Institute (NLI) courses, April 22-23, during its Leadership Summit in Tampa, Florida. The Spring 2004 NLI is an opportunity for industry professionals to sharpen their leadership skills or learn new ones. Both Society members and nonmembers can attend this event to develop their leadership skills and participate in networking opportunities.
The Spring 2004 NLI includes the following ten courses:
* Becoming a Successful Leader: take part in a high-energy seminar that explores the cutting edge of leadership.
* Delivering Compelling Messages to Your Staff: understand how to gain the confidence of your staff and learn to communicate the “big picture.”
* Developing Resilience in a Rapidly Changing World: manage change successfully in the constantly evolving insurance industry.
* Effective Communication Skills: learn how to sell your ideas and lead projects using proven business communication techniques.
* Facilitative Leadership Skills: find out how to plan and conduct productive meetings to get results.
* Finance for Nonfinancial Managers: understand the financial impact, liabilities, and payoffs of business decisions using financial terminology and analysis tools.
* Managing Conflict in the Workplace: learn conflict management, an essential life skill.
* Power Tools for Successful Negotiations: advance your negotiation skills and learn more about the negotiation process.
* Practical Techniques for Project Management: learn the basics to initiate, plan, execute, control and close your projects.
* Time Management—Managing the Only Non-Renewable Resource: discover how to effectively use your personal work time.
In addition to educational seminars, the NLI features two Leadership Luncheons, a chance for NLI attendees to learn unique and inspirational leadership insights from this year’s two keynote speakers. Deborah Bright, Ph.D., founder and president of Bright Enterprises Inc., is the featured speaker on Thursday, April 22, and she will discuss effective communication. Bryan Dodge, international author and speaker, will expand upon his three laws of leadership on Friday, April 23.
To register for this event, contact the CPCU Society’s Member Resource Center at (800) 932-CPCU, option 4, or send an e-mail to email@example.com. More information is available online at: www.cpcusociety.org.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.