The Insurance Marketing Communications Association (IMCA) has named Ron Rice as president for the 2004-2005 year.
Rice is National SuretyLink program manager for Safeco Insurance in Redmond, Wash., where he oversees the development and deployment of all e-commerce services for Safeco Surety, one of the top five writers of surety bonds in the U.S. He has more than 20 years experience in marketing, communications, public relations and creative services, much of that within the insurance and surety industries. He joined IMCA in 1992 and has been a member of the board since 1999. He is a graduate of Western Washington University with a degree in visual communications education.
Fran Harding, president of Mainsail Communications and IMCA president from 2002 – 2004, serves as immediate past president. Harding retired in August from Zurich North America, where she was associate vice president, corporate and marketing communications.
Other officer/director appointments announced include:
· Cora Barran, advertising manager for Farmers Insurance – executive vice president;
· Allen Basis, publisher of Risk & Insurance magazine – vice president;
· Catherine Smith, marketing director of HCC Surety Group – assistant vice president;
· Richard Look, communications director of Venture Programs – secretary/treasurer;
· Reg Pierce, managing partner of InMarket Partners – past president (at large).
Elected to the board of directors for 2004 – 2005 are: Katherine Carlson, Campbell-Ewald; Linda Collins, Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.; Robert Martin, Co-operators General Insurance Company; Jane Rodriguez, St. Paul Travelers; Ken Luker, Business Insurance; Dena Kaplan, Insurance Journal; Dan Lance, National Underwriter; and Mark McClellan, Rough Notes Company.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.