Progressive Insurance has launched a car insurance app for smart phones using the Google Android operating system, one of the fastest growing smart phone platforms.
“We’ve seen a 30 percent increase in visits to our mobile Web site by Android users over the past four months,” said Matt Lehman, Progressive’s Web experience director. “Our Android app is designed to simplify the mobile experience for this fast-growing group of customers.”
Progressive, which says it is the first major U.S. car insurance group to introduce an Android app specifically for car insurance, also has an Apple iPhone app and a mobile Web site. The free Progressive app is available from the Marketplace on Android devices.
With the free Android app, users can:
- Get car insurance quotes and buy a policy
- Make payments and update policy information
- Get directions to a local independent insurance agent
- Get directions to the closest service center, where customers receive Progressive’s concierge level of claims service
- Research crash test results and recall notices
- Calculate and budget for monthly car loan payments
- Compare the relative costs to insure different types of cars
- Report and track claims
- Watch the latest Progressive TV commercials
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.