Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co. has introduced new green insurance endorsements that broadens coverage and allows policyholders to tailor solutions for their needs.
Fireman’s Fund has launched Green Financial Incentive Coverage to provide protection for incentives impacting taxes, utilities, loans and more related to green installations or upgrades. In the event of a loss, Fireman’s Fund will cover any losses for two calendar years.
Fireman’s Fund’s endorsements contain several additional enhancements, including:
- Broadening eligibility for post-loss green upgrade to include all real and personal property that more efficiently uses energy or water, improves human health or reduces the impact on the environment. In the case of a loss, Fireman’s Fund protects the customer’s green investment with broad coverage including, for example, green power generating equipment, alternative water systems, and vegetated roofs.
- Fireman’s Fund has combined four forms – three commercial and one manufacturing – into a single endorsement, which includes building commissioning and test and balance automatically as an extension of coverage.
- For a certified building: coverage allows the insured to attain certification at one level above the certified green building level that the insured had prior to the loss or damage.
- Vegetated roof coverage extended to vegetated swales and other vegetation that reduces heat island effect, including vegetated walls. Coverage now applies to both certified and traditional buildings (previously it was only for certified buildings).
- Coverage is expanded to include porous paving – water permeable paving that allows water to drain into the ground to help manage water flow.
Source: Fireman’s Fund
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.