Chartis has introduced XSEnhanced: Grocers, the fourth in the XSEnhanced suite of industry-specific commercial umbrella coverages developed by its Excess Casualty Division. XSEnhanced: Grocers addresses many of the unique exposures facing the grocery industry by offering enhancements such as:
- An expanded definition of “insured” to include critical on-site professionals, such as security guards and investigation service providers, who create potential professional liability exposures that traditional coverage may not adequately address;
- Coverage for bodily injury or property damage arising out of professional services performed by or on behalf of the insured, including wrongful acts performed by any employed lawyer;
- Expanded definitions to include third-party discrimination coverage; and
- Amended definitions ensuring that damage or injury resulting from any pesticide, herbicide or fungicide application is not subject to the pollution exclusion of the commercial umbrella policy.
XSEnhanced: Grocers also offers insureds complimentary access to CrisisResponse and RiskTool. CrisisResponse provides immediate claims support, professional assistance and first dollar coverage outside the umbrella limit in the event of a crisis situation. Specifically, CrisisResponse offers:
- Up to $250,000 indemnification for crisis management costs, such as medical care, local health department coordination and psychological counseling for displaced employees;
- Up to $50,000 indemnification for public relations expenses, allowing policyholders to access an extensive network of public relations and crisis management firms; and
- An optional product recall enhancement that amends the definition of CrisisResponse costs to include indemnification of expenses incurred by the recall of an unsafe or contaminated product in connection with a crisis situation.
RiskTool enables policyholders to obtain ready-to-use best practice assessments, identify workplace risks to reduce employee injuries, and build and monitor risk management programs online. RiskTool features training resources designed specifically for the grocery industry, including food safety training, a health and safety resource library, and instruction on food preparation equipment maintenance.
The XSEnhanced suite currently includes XSEnhanced: Restaurants, XSEnhanced: Retail, XSEnhanced: Real Estate and XSEnhanced: Grocers.
Source: Chartis Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.