Schinnerer has launched a new contractor professional liability and pollution liability policy form. Available to general, design-build and many types of specialty contractors, the new policy form offers expanded coverage and adds new coverage features.
“The construction industry has evolved greatly in the last few years,” said Emerson Browne, vice president of Schinnerer’s Contractor program. “We updated and enhanced our policy forms to give our contractor clients what they need and want in terms of services covered and expanded coverage.”
The new and expanded coverages include:
- Rectification coverage
- Defendant’s reimbursement coverage up to $10,000 per claim
- Expanded definition of professional services
- Ownership interest of 49%
- Proactive coverage for mold
- Automatic coverage for LEED consultants
- No exclusion for asbestos, respirable dust or silica
- Coverage for punitive damages resulting from pollution liability
- Coverage for transportation pollution liability and non-owned site disposal
The new policy form is also available to current insureds by means of a mid-term enhanced endorsement. Schinnerer continues to offer the contractor program with program insurer, CNA.
Schinnerer offers professional liability and pollution liability coverage to a wide range of construction contractors. The contractor program is available nationwide through independent insurance agents and brokers.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.