RIMS, the risk management society, reports that Carolyn M. Snow will be president for the 2014 term.
Snow is the director of Risk Management for Humana Inc. She has been a member of RIMS for 14 years and has been on its board of directors for seven years. She is a member of RIMS Kentuckiana/Bluegrass Chapter.
“Risk management has arrived,” said Snow. “Business leaders around the world realize that this business function can do more than just protect assets. Risk practitioners are being called on to identify and create value for their organizations and, now, have a tremendous opportunity to contribute to their companies’ strategic direction.”
In addition to Snow, the officers on RIMS 2014 board of directors are:
- Vice President: Richard J. Roberts,Jr., corporate risk manager, Ensign-Bickford Industries Inc.;
- Treasurer: Julie C. Pemberton, director, Enterprise Risk and Insurance Management, Outerwall Inc.;
- Corporate Secretary: Nowell R. Seaman, director, Global Risk Management, Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc.
New members of the RIMS board of directors for 2014 are:
- Gloria Brosius, director, Risk Management and Insurance Programs, Farm Credit Council Services Inc.;
- Steve Pottle, director, Risk Management Services, York University;
- Jennifer Santiago, ARM; director of Insurance, Novartis Corp.;
- Janet Stein, director, Risk Management & Insurance, University of Calgary.
Returning board members are:
- Gordon Adams, chief Rrsk officer, Tri-Marine International Inc.;
- Robert Cartwright Jr., safety and health manager, Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC;
- Al Gorski, chief risk officer, Orange County Transportation Authority;
- Leslie Lamb, director, Global Risk Management, Cisco Systems Inc.;
- John R. Phelps, director, Business Risk Solutions, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida, Inc. (Ex-Officio);
- Michael D. Phillipus, director, Property Insurance Risk Management, Occidental Petroleum Corp.;
- Frederick J. Savage, director, Risk Management (San Ramon), Chevron Corp.;
- Lori Seidenberg, senior vice president, Enterprise Risk Management, Centerline Capital Group.
Topics Risk Management
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.