Alabama-based ProAssurance Corp. announced a series of promotions and reporting realignments.
Effective immediately, Howard H. Friedman is the president of the Healthcare Professional Liability Group within ProAssurance. Chief Financial Officer Edward (Ned) L. Rand assumes additional duties as executive vice president, as does Jeffrey P. Lisenby, general counsel for ProAssurance.
Under Friedman’s leadership, the Healthcare Professional Liability Group will encompass all MPL-focused activities within ProAssurance, as well as the operations of all MPL subsidiaries, including PICA, led by its President Ross E. Taubman, D.P.M., and ProAssurance Mid-Continent Underwriters. Friedman will also oversee the company’s investment in its Lloyd’s Syndicate.
ProAssurance’s non-MPL subsidiaries and lines of business will report to Rand. This will include Eastern Insurance, led by its president, Michael L. Boguski, and Medmarc, led by its president, Mary Todd Peterson, who will also be responsible for our Legal Professional Liability business. Rand will continue to oversee traditional accounting, finance, investment, and investor relations functions, and will be responsible for the organization’s information systems and project management office.
Lisenby will continue in his role as general counsel for ProAssurance. The company’s legal, compliance, and human resources departments will continue reporting to him and he will also be responsible for ProAssurance’s various owned and leased facilities. As corporate secretary, Lisenby will continue to focus on corporate governance and will work closely with the board of directors.
Other personnel changes were also approved by the board:
- Kelly B. Brewer was named vice president and chief accounting officer; she will be responsible for all accounting activities within ProAssurance and its subsidiaries.
- Lawrence K. Cochran was named vice president, chief investment officer and head of treasury and will be responsible for all investing decisions and treasury activities within ProAssurance and its subsidiaries.
- Michael A. Stoeckert was named vice president and chief technology officer.
- Kathryn A. Neville was named vice president and chief compliance officer.
- Richard J. Enders was named vice president and chief of internal audit.
ProAssurance is an insurance company specializing in medical professional liability, products liability for medical technology and life sciences and legal professional liability. It is based in Birmingham, Alabama.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.