State Farm has added object recognition technology to their Pocket Agent app to make submitting an auto claim via a mobile device easier and simplify the claims process. This new technology reduces the need for typing by using the mobile camera to record important claims information. Customers can capture an image of the other vehicle to process and populate the make and model data automatically into claim form fields.
Pocket Agent provides a number of features to registered State Farm customers, including the ability submit a claim from anywhere. The app also uses customer information to simplify the auto claims process by selecting policy information, rather than typing it in.
Additional features available to Pocket Agent users include the ability to:
- View all policies on a summary screen, including policy name, type and renewal date.
- Deposit checks with MyTime Deposit
- Record accident details, capture photos, and submit information.
- View State Farm Bank accounts with balances.
- Utilize insurance premium and/or bank bill pay options.
- Search for a hotel, gas station, tow truck, taxi, locksmith or rental car by location or zip code.
- Locate a State Farm “Select Service Repair Facility.”
- Search for and contact a State Farm agent
Pocket Agent is available on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire. The company also has Driver Feedback and Steer Clear Mobile applications on Android and iOS smartphones, as well as MoveTools for iPad and Android tablet users.
Was this article valuable?