The Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (the Big “I”) this week presented awards to state affiliates and agents that have been the most effective raising money for the agents’ political action committee, InsurPac.
This year’s winners of the annual InsurPac awards are:
- InsurPac Young Agent Award: The 2014 winner is Brian Scarborough of Florida.
- “As Florida’s InsurPac chair, Brian Scarborough lit a fire under agents of all ages and orchestrated a $12,000 increase in PAC receipts in the last four months of the year,” said Veronica Della Porta, Big “I” InsurPac chair. “If that wasn’t enough, he quarterbacked a $15,000 PAC-a-thon and has gone beyond the call of duty to help the Sunshine state top the fundraising charts and break records.”
- InsurPac National Championship Award – Texas: This award goes to the state whose agents contribute the most money for InsurPac in a calendar year. Collectively, Texas agents contributed $61,910.
- Young Agent National Championship Award – Florida: This recognition honors the state whose young agents donate the most money to InsurPac. Young Agents from Florida contributed $11,179.
- InsurPac Eagle Awards: This award is given annually to states that surpass a fundraising average of $100 per member agency. The 2014 recipients are Louisiana, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, South Carolina and Wyoming.
InsurPac passed the $1 million mark in 2013 and again in 2014.
“Thousands of Big ‘I’ agents, including so many outstanding young agents, have tirelessly worked to make InsurPac the largest and most influential property/casualty political action committee in the United States,” said Charles E. Symington Jr., Big “I” senior vice president for external and government affairs.
The awards event was held during the annual Big “I” Legislative Conference in Washington, D.C. this week. The event featured a keynote address by Rep. Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Arizona).