The U.S. Department of the Treasury has named 12 individuals including several insurance industry executives, a professor, a consumer advocate and six state regulators to serve on the Federal Advisory Committee on Insurance (FACI). The FACI was established to provide a source for consumers and representatives from the insurance and reinsurance industry, academics, and state regulators to offer advice and recommendations directly to the Federal Insurance Office (FIO) on a periodic basis.
“These 12 professionals provide fantastic depth and experience that will benefit FIO and the U.S. insurance sector,” said Michael McRaith, director of the FIO. “I’m looking forward to working with this great group of leaders and to FIO receiving their views and perspectives on important national and global insurance issues.”
The members will serve terms of up to three years.
The 12 individuals appointed and reappointed to serve as members of the FACI include:
- Amy Bach, Executive Director, United Policyholders
- Laura Bishop, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, USAA
- Kurt Bock, Chief Executive Officer, COUNTRY Financial
- Dr. Elizabeth Brown, Associate Professor, College of Business, University of Wisconsin – La Crosse
- Nicholas Gerhart, Commissioner, Iowa Insurance Division
- David Herzog, Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer, AIG
- Theodore Mathas, President and CEO, New York Life
- Teresa Miller, Commissioner, Pennsylvania Department of Insurance
- Alfred Redmer, Commissioner, Maryland Insurance Administration
- Michael Riley, Commissioner, West Virginia Offices of the Insurance Commissioner
- Marguerite Salazar, Commissioner, Colorado Division of Insurance
- Katharine Wade, Commissioner, Connecticut Insurance Department
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.