The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company (HSB), part of Munich Re, has introduced HSB Home Cyber Protection, a personal lines cyber insurance program for consumers.
HSB Home Cyber Protection offers a suite of cyber coverage and services for computer attacks, cyber extortion, online fraud and the breach of personal information involving smart phones, computers and connected home devices.
HSB Home Cyber Protection bundles cyber insurance coverages once available only to businesses, but increasingly important to individuals as we store more information electronically and access our data online.
Those coverages include:
- Computer Attack to remove malware and reprogram computers and tablets, Wi-Fi routers or other Internet access points.
- Home Systems Attack restores devices connected to the Internet, including smart phones, thermostats, smart appliances and security and monitoring systems.
- Cyber Extortion with professional assistance on how to respond to a ransomware attack and payment of ransom when approved.
- Data Breach including forensic IT and legal reviews, notification and recovery services when private non-business data entrusted to an individual is lost, stolen or published.
- Online Fraud for losses due to identity theft, phishing schemes, illegal bank and credit card transfers, forgery, counterfeit currency, and other deceptions.
HSB Home Cyber Protection is added to the homeowners or renters policies of insurance companies that partner with HSB and covers the individuals and family members insured by those policies.
Hartford Steam Boiler (HSB) is a specialty insurer providing equipment breakdown, other specialty coverages, inspection services and engineering-based risk management.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.