XL Catlin has raised its available terrorism insurance coverage limits to $250 million from $200 million, a 25 percent increase.
XL Catlin’s standalone terrorism insurance policy helps U.S. businesses address potential insurance coverage gaps provided by the federal Terrorism Risk Insurance Program Reauthorization Act (TRIPRA). XL Catlin’s terrorism insurance coverage includes:
- Coverage for direct physical loss or damage and resulting business interruption;
- Terrorism liability/general liability for bodily injury and/or physical damage resulting from an act of terrorism;
- A broad definition of terrorism including coverage for acts perpetrated for political, religious and/or ideological purposes;
- Options to add insurance for:
- Chemical, biological, radiological & nuclear (“CBRN”) events
- Active Assailant insurance events
- Threat of Terrorism
XL Catlin also provides its standalone terrorism policyholders with access to our retained consultancy, S-RM, a global business intelligence, risk management and cyber security services firm, that provides tailored consultancy support for pre-loss planning and post-loss business continuity services.
“Terrorism events in every corner of the world are prompting businesses worldwide to take a hard look at the risk that terrorism poses to their property and operations,” said Ben Tucker, head of US terrorism and political violence insurance. “They are looking for higher levels of financial protection to meet increased terrorism concerns and with this increase, we’re better equipped to address more of their coverage needs.”
XL Catlin insurance companies offer property, casualty, professional, financial lines and specialty insurance products globally.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.