Flo Technologies, Inc., provider of leak prevention systems to prevent water damage in homes, has launched a reimbursement program called HomeProtect that will pay back homeowners for their insurance deductibles up to $2,500 per year if their Flo-equipped home suffers major water damage.
The Flo Technologies system offers an all-in-one water security system with smart leak prevention that provides homeowners information and tools to prevent water damage and water waste. Using FloSense technology, the smart home device applies machine learning and artificial intelligence to learn users’ daily behavior, and sends alerts about abnormalities via the free iOS and Android app.
Through the app, users can shut off the water, get troubleshooting tips, or contact Flo Support. Flo’s MicroLeak technology also runs daily tests, identifying and notifying users of tiny leaks that would otherwise go undetected.
For $5 a month, Flo’s HomeProtect program offers subscribers an additional layer of protection, including:
- A water damage prevention guarantee: Flo will pay up to $2,500 for out-of-pocket homeowner’s insurance deductible
- Proactive Monitoring by Flo’s support team, as well as Live Chat Support
- Access to Flo’s Water Concierge to answer questions about a home’s water system and help resolve water and plumbing issues (whether or not the issues involve the Flo System)
- An extended 3-year product warranty
- Access to enhanced analysis and information about water usage, including usage per water fixture (currently in beta)
- A Flo Certified Letter for Insurance that may help reduce monthly homeowners insurance costs (depending on the insurance provider)
- Access to the Flo Standard Plan, which comes with every Flo device purchase
According to the terms and conditions of the product, Flo will not be obligated to reimburse the Flo user more than the amount of the insurance policy deductible actually applied or assessed, and not more than $2,500 in connection with any one property damage loss.
Flo will not be obligated to reimburse the Flo User for an insurance policy deductible more than once in any twelve-month period, irrespective of how many property damage losses might occur in that twelve-month period.
At the time of the property damage, the leak causing the property damage must have occurred after where the Flo Device was installed on the water supply line (for example, not between the water meter and the Flo Device). The damage must have also been reported to the insurance company within a reasonable amount of time, obtained a written report from that insurance company provided Flo with a copy of the report.
There is no required monthly fee to use the Flo System once the product is purchased.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.