Insurer Progressive said it expects to hire more than 10,000 people in the coming year to support its growth. Positions will include IT and analyst roles, corporate functions, customer care and claims roles.
The Ohio-headquartered company has grown more than 50 percent in the last three years to $30 billion in revenue for 2018.
Here’s a breakdown of the approximate number of positions Progressive said it is looking to fill and where:
- Austin, Texas – 1,000 (customer service, sales, claims representatives, bilingual Spanish sales and customer service)
- Cleveland, Ohio – 2,000 (customer service, sales, multi-product sales, claims representatives, marketing, legal, IT, business analysis and more)
- Colorado Springs, Colorado – 1,100 (customer service, sales, IT)
- Phoenix, Arizona – 375 (customer service, sales, bilingual Spanish customer service and sales, claims representatives)
- Sacramento, Calif. – 380 (customer service, bilingual Spanish customer service and sales)
- Tampa, Florida – 1,500 (customer service, sales, multi-product sales, claims representatives, bilingual Spanish sales and customer service)
Over half of the jobs are based at larger Progressive campuses across the United States, with others located in Progressive field claims offices in more than 250 locations. There will also be work from home positions available in select locations for inbound sales positions, giving people who don’t live near a Progressive campus the opportunity to help customers from the comfort of their home.
“This is the largest hiring forecast in Progressive’s history,” said Chief Human Resources Officer Lori Niederst.
- Big 3 Drive Personal Auto Insurance Recovery; Signs of Rate Hike Fatigue Ahead
- Progressive to Offer Online Cyber Marketplace to Small Business Owners
- Progressive’s Flo Turned Into Chatbot
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.