Coalition, a cyber insurance company for small and midsize businesses, has launched comprehensive coverage for healthcare companies.
The healthcare-specific policy is designed to fully addresses the risk healthcare organizations face before, during, and after a breach—including full HIPAA compliance, in-house breach response, and restoration of digital assets such as patient information.
The coverage offering for healthcare organizations includes:
- Cost to comply with an OCR-mandated security assessment and program, as a result of a security failure or data breach that violates HIPAA privacy and security rules
- Restoration of digital assets, including sensitive patient information
- Business interruption from cyber attacks against the insured or their suppliers
- Funds transfer incurred from a security failure or social engineering attack
- Costs to respond to an extortion incident, including money, securities, and virtual currencies paid
- Costs to replace computer systems and other technology damaged in a cyber attack
- Consistent monitoring of network and information security
Coalition’s coverage policy for healthcare companies is available immediately.
Coalition is backed by Swiss Re Corporate Solutions and Argo Group and provides companies with up to $10 million of cyber and technology insurance coverage in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Coalition’s cyber risk management platform provides automated security alerts, threat intelligence, expert guidance, and tools. Coalition is headquartered in San Francisco.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.