Specialist insurer Beazley has streamlined its MediaTech insurance policy to provide clear and concise wording and combined comprehensive errors and omissions (E&O) and media liability insurance with cyber coverage.
Beazley’s E&O and media coverage includes:
- Broad professional liability to address the need to cover non-technology professional services
- Unintentional breach of contract for professional liability exposure
- Online and offline media, including content published on social media
- A wide range of trade secret misappropriation claims
- Unfair competition alleged with copyright or trademark infringement
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Defamation, invasion of privacy and plagiarism.
Cyber coverage has also been incorporated into the policy. This includes:
- Breach response costs
- First-party coverage for cyber extortion
- Data recovery costs
- Business interruption and dependent business interruption resulting from security breaches and system failures
- E-crime coverage for fraudulent instruction fraud, funds transfer fraud and telephone fraud.
Beazley offers access to a full suite of pre-breach and risk management services through its in-house Beazley Breach Response Services team.
As well as accessing Beazley’s newest E&O coverage, businesses can also access its team’s claims experience. E&O claims have involved software failures, hardware defects, implementation errors and downtime, as well as intellectual property rights and personal injury disputes arising from media content.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.