Valerie Foster of Berkley Alliance Managers has been chosen as the executive chair by the Insurance Marketing & Communications Association (IMCA) for the 2019-2020 year.
Foster is vice president, director of marketing for Berkley Alliance Managers. She has more 25 years of marketing, communications, branding and event experience with 14 years of her career in the specialty insurance sector.
Foster has served on the IMCA board of directors since 2013. She has held the position of co-chair for the Showcase, Sponsor and Speakers committees and has been conference co-chair, treasurer and most recently served as executive vice-chair.
The IMCA Executive Committee also includes:
- Executive Vice-Chair: Christopher Nance, California Earthquake Authority
- Treasurer – Hank Pinkowski, MAPFRE Insurance
- Immediate Past Chair – Emily Hathcoat, Risk Placement Services
In August, IMCA membership recently elected 10 new directors to two-year terms. They are:
- Hadie Bartholomew, Westfield Insurance
- Megan Bell, Falvey Insurance Group
- Alissa Carson, UFG
- Traci Catalano, Old Republic Surety
- Dave Dietz, GuideOne Insurance
- Amy Hourigan, HAI Group
- Arlene Kim, ReSource Pro
- Jessica Marshall, CRC Group
- John-Michael Polley, Shepherd Insurance
- Clifton Simmons, Allstate Insurance Co.
In addition, insurance branding consultant Peter van Aartrijk was re-elected to an additional two-year term. Directors Jim Flynn, Rachel Harris, Angela Kim, Paula Negro and Stacey Rebbert are in the middle of their two-year terms and were not up for election.
IMCA represents more than 120 companies. Members include senior level management and professional staff working in the areas of corporate communications, advertising, public relations, marketing communications, marketing and sales promotion, marketing research and technology.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.