The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) will have officers for 2021. The newly-elected officers will assume their duties on Jan. 1, 2021.
Members of the association of regulators elected these leaders for the new year:
President: Florida Insurance Commissioner David Altmaier
Altmaier was appointed commissioner of the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) by the Financial Services Commission on April 29, 2016. Altmaier began his public service at OIR in 2008, serving in a number of roles including chief analyst of the Property and Casualty Financial Oversight unit and deputy commissioner of Property and Casualty Insurance.
Altmaier succeeds 2020 NAIC President and South Carolina Insurance Director Ray Farmer.
President-Elect: Idaho Insurance Director Dean L. Cameron
Cameron was appointed director of the Department of Insurance by Idaho Governor C.L. “Butch” Otter. He took office on June 15, 2015. At the time of his appointment as director, Cameron was serving his 13th term as senator for District 27 as the most senior member of the Idaho Senate.
Vice President: Missouri Insurance Director Chlora Lindley-Myers
Lindley-Myers was appointed director of the Missouri Department of Commerce and Insurance on March 6, 2017. She has served in several senior positions in the legislative, judicial, and executive branches of government. In addition to Missouri, she has worked for both the Kentucky Department of Insurance and the Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance, and for the NAIC. Lindley-Myers is licensed to practice law in various states, including Missouri. She has been awarded the Robert Dineen Award and the Al Greer Award.
Secretary-Treasurer: Connecticut Insurance Commissioner Andrew Mais
Mais was nominated as Connecticut’s 33rd insurance commissioner by Governor Ned Lamont and began serving on March 4, 2019. Prior to becoming commissioner, Mais was a member of Deloitte’s Center for Financial Services, primarily focused on the insurance sector from a global perspective. Prior to working at Deloitte, Mais was a director at the New York State Insurance Department (NYSID). He served four governors as part of the NYSID’s senior leadership team through numerous events including the financial crisis of 2008 and major state and federal changes in health insurance regulations and laws. Before joining the NYSID, he served as director of a Connecticut nonprofit.
NAIC members also elected 2021 Zone Officers during the Fall National Meeting.
- Commissioner Jessica A. Altman – Chair, Pennsylvania
- Commissioner Gary D. Anderson – Vice Chair, Massachusetts
- Commissioner Kathleen A. Birrane – Secretary – Treasurer, Maryland
- Commissioner Jim L. Ridling – Chair, Alabama
- Commissioner Mike Chaney – Vice Chair, Mississippi
- Commissioner James J. Donelon – Secretary – Treasurer, Louisiana
- Director Larry D. Deiter – Chair, South Dakota
- Commissioner Glen Mulready – Vice Chair, Oklahoma
- Commissioner Doug Ommen – Secretary – Treasurer, Iowa
- Director Lori K. Wing-Heier – Chair, Alaska
- Commissioner Michael Conway – Vice Chair, Colorado
- Commissioner Andrew R. Stolfi – Secretary–Treasurer, Oregon
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.