Berkshire Hathaway Inc. said Friday that all reports circulating on social media sites including X, TikTok and Facebook “regarding comments allegedly made” by Warren Buffett are false.
While Berkshire didn’t describe the nature of the posts, the firm’s statement came amid circulation of an Instagram post claiming that the 94-year-old billionaire praised President Donald Trump’s economic policy. The video was posted March 13, but it circulated widely this week after Trump announced a slew of tariffs that were steeper than expected.
Trump’s own account on Truth Social shared the video earlier Friday.
Global markets entered a tailspin on Thursday after Trump announced a new round of sweeping tariffs, with about $2 trillion erased from the S&P 500 in one day. The selloff deepened Friday as Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell signaled the economic damage of a trade war will be bigger than anticipated, with the potential effects including higher prices and slower growth.
Social media rumors routinely target Buffett, with false claims that he supports certain investment products or political candidates. He said last year he wouldn’t endorse any political candidate after “numerous fraudulent claims” emerged regarding his positions.
Photo: Warren Buffett. Photographer: Houston Cofield/Bloomberg
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.

Fla. Commissioner Offers Major Changes to Citizens’ Commercial Clearinghouse Plan
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup
Judge Tosses Buffalo Wild Wings Lawsuit That Has ‘No Meat on Its Bones’
Florida Engineers: Winds Under 110 mph Simply Do Not Damage Concrete Tiles 

