Prosecutors have dismissed a case against a former Missouri firefighter accused of intentionally starting fires in Benton County, Ark.
Deputy Prosecutor Drew Ledbetter said there wasn’t sufficient evidence to proceed with a trial against Mark Wade Wolfe, 35, of South West City, Mo. Wolfe had been charged with unlawful burning, a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison.
Property damage in the fires reportedly set in a 48-hour period in January 2006 was estimated at $40,000.
According to court documents, witnesses saw a white pickup similar to Wolfe’s at several of the fires. When he was arrested, police said there was a two-gallon gas container and a propane torch in the truck bed.
But on July 30, Ledbetter requested that Circuit Court Judge Tom Keith dismiss the case. Prosecutors have a year to refile the case.
Information from: Benton County Daily Record, www.nwanews.com//dailyrecord/.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
The Hartford CEO Takes Lead in Shaping the City of Hartford’s Future
SEC to Drop Controversial SolarWinds Cyberattack Lawsuit
Royal Bank of Canada Denies Claims of ‘Boys Club’ Culture, Bias Against Women
Insurance Customers Skeptical About AI Processes and Benefits 

