Officials say a Central Texas wildfire that burned 7-square-miles is 100 percent contained and under control.
Bastrop County Judge Paul Pape said that with the widespread rainfall in the area, the fire has been contained.
The wildfire started Oct. 13 when farm equipment accidentally ignited grass. In the last week, residents forced from their homes by the fire were allowed to return to the evacuation zone. Some returned to their homes, others to count their losses.
The wildfire burned almost 70 homes.
Pape says “now the long, difficult recovery can begin in earnest.”
Related:
- Progress Made Against Central Texas Wildfire
- Some Central Texans Returning to Homes in Fire-Ravaged Area
- 40 Structures Burned so Far in Central Texas Fires
Copyright 2026 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
AIG’s Zaffino: Outcomes From AI Use Went From ‘Aspirational’ to ‘Beyond Expectations’
Florida Insurance Costs 14.5% Lower Than Without Reforms, Report Finds
Insurance Broker Stocks Sink as AI App Sparks Disruption Fears
State Farm Adjuster’s Opinion Does Not Override Policy Exclusion in MS Sewage Backup 

