Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin says the federal government has approved the state’s request for disaster assistance to three more counties as a result of damage from a November ice storm.
Fallin said that the Federal Emergency Management Agency agreed to add Bryan, Garfield and Greer counties to the 18 counties approved for federal funding on Dec. 29.
The funding is for cities, counties, rural electric cooperatives and the state to help pay for infrastructure repairs and costs associated with the Nov. 27-29 storm. Assistance was previously approved for Alfalfa, Beckham, Blaine, Caddo, Canadian, Custer, Dewey, Ellis, Grady, Grant, Kingfisher, Kiowa, Logan, Major, Oklahoma, Roger Mills, Washita and Woods counties.
The storm was blamed for two deaths and caused an estimated $20.5 million in damage and response costs.
Topics Oklahoma
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.
Allstate Introduces Large Language Model, ALLIE
11 New Firms Join Insurance Journal’s Top 100 Independent Agencies
A Landmark Supreme Court Ruling Is Upending How America Moves Its Goods
Lindberg’s Right-Hand Man Sentenced to Two Years After Cooperating With Prosecutors 

