Authorities say two men have died after being overcome by toxic fumes while working with a mobile fertilizer truck near a Houston high school.
Houston Fire Department Deputy Chief Richard Galvan says one worker had opened a hatch on the truck’s fertilizer tank Monday morning when he inhaled toxic fumes.
Galvan says the second worker tried to help but he was also overcome by the fumes.
Both workers died at the scene. Their names were not immediately released by authorities.
A hazardous materials crew from the fire department was determining if any toxic fumes remained around the truck.
Houston school district police chief Paul Cordova says there is no danger from the toxic fumes to the neighborhood around the school.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.