Kin Insurance is expanding to offer homeowners insurance coverage in Louisiana.
The company said the expansion into the underserved Louisiana market creates new opportunities for residents — especially for those in high-risk areas.
Kin Insurance describes itself as an insurtech that relies on data models that provide over 10,000 property data points to find coverage accurately priced for each home.
It currently offers homeowners insurance in California and Florida.
Kin Insurance Network Distributor (KIND) can offer Louisianans HO3 coverage. The Kin Interinsurance Network is Rated A, Exceptional, by Demotech, a testament to the underwriter’s ability to pay out claims, even after widespread disaster.
The company said its Louisiana homeowners policy can cover the following:
- The dwelling, including walls, foundation, roof, floors, electric, and plumbing.
- Belongings, such as clothing, furniture, electronics, appliances, and more.
- Other structures that aren’t attached to the home, like garages, fences, and greenhouses.
- Loss of use coverage for additional living expenses during a covered claim.
- Personal liability coverage for third-party property damage or bodily harm.
- Medical expense payments for small visitor injuries.
Source: Kin Insurance
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.