North Carolina Town Forms Arson Task Force to Probe 22 Fires

January 29, 2009

A North Carolina town has formed an arson task force to investigates a rash of 22 suspicious structure fires that have broken out since last year.

The Daily Dispatch of Henderson reported there were 17 suspicious fires last year and five so far this year in the Vance County town.

Fire Chief Danny Wilkerson said the fire department has spent an additional $12,000 on personnel and $3,000 in added fuel costs because of the suspicious fires.

Wilkerson said most of the fires have been in vacant structures and were deliberately set.

Police Chief Keith Sidwell said the task force will work with the State Bureau of Investigation’s arson team.

___

Information from: The Daily Dispatch,
http://www.hendersondispatch.com

Topics North Carolina Arson

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.