Kentucky State University is temporarily closing a residence hall after mold was found.
The Frankfort school says in a news release that university officials were told last week that mold had been discovered in some rooms at Chandler Residence Hall. Thirteen students were moved out of their rooms and temporarily placed in a hotel.
The statement says after further inspection by the university’s safety officer, the administration closed the entire building to allow it to be cleaned. About 90 students are being permanently housed in Combs Hall.
The statement says all residence hall rooms on campus will be inspected, cleaned and sanitized.
Interim president Aaron Thompson says the university is committed to the safety and welfare of its students.
Was this article valuable?
Here are more articles you may enjoy.