Reminder from the CDI: Rental Car Companies Must License Their Agents

January 4, 2001

Monday, Jan. 1, 2001, was the deadline for rental car companies that offer or sell insurance to be licensed by the California Department of Insurance as an insurance agent, broker or as a rental car agent.

The CDI has a Rental Car Agent Licensing page on its website,, complete with links to both individual and business entity applications, the insurer certification, the initial certification of authorized employees, the required training material, application fee information and a checklist of required application materials. This page will assist rental car companies with policies, procedures and forms on requirements to be met in order to obtain a license.

Was this article valuable?

Here are more articles you may enjoy.